Weight gain is typically associated with too much eating and insufficient exercise. However, numerous studies show that there may be more factors at play. Below are common traits that contribute to weight gain.
- Slow metabolism– Slow metabolism can lead to weight gain. Metabolism is your body’s way of processing energy for activity and rest. People with faster metabolisms burn more energy and lose weight, as compared to people with slower metabolisms.
- Emotional eating– Sometimes, when you are at your weakest point emotionally, you turn to foods for comfort. You turn to foods to cope with tough situations or feeling of stress or even boredom. Emotional eating can lead to weight gain. It can also sabotage your weight loss effort during the HCG Diet. If you eat out of emotion, take steps to regain control of your habits.
- Chronic stress– Chronic stress is a common problem that can affect your weight. Even if you are on the HCG diet, stress can sabotage your weight loss efforts. During stressful times, your body produces cortisol to give your body the energy it needs to cope with stress. However, when cortisol is elevated for too long, it can lead to weight gain. High cortisol levels can make you crave for high sugar and high carb foods to provide your body with the fastest source of energy.
- Low satiety– Low satiety is responsible for excess weight gain. If you have low satiety, the tendency is, you overeat. You tend to eat a larger portion of foods and continue eating even after meals.
Your weight depends on the balance between your calorie intake and your energy expenditure. If you eat more than you burn, you will gain weight. Your body will store excess energy as fat. If you eat fewer calories than what your body metabolizes, you will lose weight.
- Lack of sleep– Lack of sleep increases your risk of weight gain. When you lack sleep, your hunger hormone increases, and your satiety hormone decreases, which could lead to overeating and subsequently weight gain.
Weight gain on the HCG diet
Hold on, weight gain on the HCG diet? Maybe weight gain after doing the HCG diet. Weight gain ON the HCG diet make no sense at all because the HCG diet is designed to let you lose weight and not gain. With the restricted calorie intake along with the daily shot of HCG hormone, you can lose around half a pound to a pound each day. Unless, of course, you are not doing anything right at all. Remember, if you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight no matter what diet plans you follow.
The HCG diet is a perfectly planned weight loss protocol that will let you lose a good amount of weight naturally in just a short time. This diet will not only let you lose pounds and inches, but it will change your eating behavior into a healthy one, of course, so you can keep the weight off for good even after doing the diet.