We all crave for foods. We cravefor carbs, salty, savory rich foods and sweets like chocolate. An occasionalindulgence is necessary but not on the HCG Diet. There is no room for cravingson the HCG Diet protocol, especially for sweet treats. If sugar is brought intothe second and third phase of the HCG Diet, weight loss is not possible. Anyforms of sugar are not welcome except for those found on the allowable fruitsand vegetables.
Dealingwith sweet tooth cravings
Your first line of defense foryour cravings is to figure out if the craving is physiological or behavioral. Oftentimes it’s behavioral that it’ll take time for you to make adjustments. It canbe tough to let go but you have to in order to lose as much weight aspossible. It can take 2 to 3 weeks foryour body to adjust to a new eating habit but research shows that it’ll onlytake 5 days of being sugar-free so you can reduce your cravings. Here are waysfor you to deal with sweet tooth cravings:
- Visualizehow to handle temptation. Visualize how to decline deserts atgatherings or walk away from donuts at the office or the vending machine at thehallway. Temptations can pull you down and hinder you from losing weight.
- Keep your blood sugar level under control. This canprevent spikes making your sugar cravings unbearable. Eat protein-rich foods, healthy fat andcarbohydrates a day. Avoid beverages and snacks loaded with sugar prior tobeginning the diet. Without sugar in your system, your cravings won’t be asdifficult to battle.
- Avoid starchy and sugar rich-foods prior toyour diet. If your diet was high in sugar prior to loadingdays, you can expect to experience cravings.
- Spice up your meal withflavorful herbs like coriander, cloves and cardamom. These spices can eliminatethe feeling of total deprivation.
- Use sugar substitute for your morning coffeelike Stevia. A small amount of sugar alternative is permittedon the HCG Diet.
- You can break up your meal and use your fruitoption when you crave for sugar. Breaking up your meals on theHCG diet is permitted. You can eat your fruit options as a mid-afternoon snackor as a late-night snack.
- Cravings usually last for 10 to 20 minuteswhether it’s sugar or not. Knowing when your cravings will stop willhelp you overcome your desire for sweet treats.
- Distract yourself and do whatever it takesuntil your cravings ease up. Go out for a walk, call a friend or take abath.