My HCG Vegan Diet
Holistic nutrition and natural health is truly my deepest passion. So, when I hear about the latest fad diet-the HCG Diet, I was so skeptical. Somebody has recommended HCG Diet to me because he has lost quite a substantial amount of weight. His wife too has lost significant amount of weight with the HCG Diet. I did an extensive research. After doing some research, I decided to take the plunge. I decided to give it a try for many reasons.
- For me this diet doesn’t come with serious side effects except for some headaches and constipation.
- Next, I can choose to do the homeopathic oral HCG or the injection without regularly visiting the weight loss clinic.
- The HCG Diet has been in existence for many decades and is strongly supported by scientific reasoning. Everything is found on the book Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeons, the original creator of the HCG Diet.
- Lastly, it’s cheaper, it’s affordable and easier to use.
I lost a total of 35 pounds doing the standard HCG Diet. It was a successful round but there were so many roadblocks along my diet. I was kind of hard for me to keep on eating meat without flavor enhancers and oils that I was literally forcing myself to eat just to make it until the last day of the very low calorie diet.
This is what I discovered while doing the HCG Diet:
- The diet is quite challenging because of its restrictive in nature. You must follow the protocol exactly as written. Literally word-for-word. I can’t find words to emphasize this.
- You will lose weight if you will do the diet properly.
- You will truly not get hungry if you are using the right dose.
- It was kind of difficult for me to socialize especially when I was on the very low calorie diet.
- The taste of meat kind of made me sick without flavor enhancer, so I have to be creative in my kitchen in order to come up with delicious yet HCG Diet friendly menus. That’s why, on my second round I choose to do the HCG Diet the vegan way.
I knew there was a vegan option as mentioned on the book Pounds and Inches. However, it requires substituting eggs, skim milk and cottage cheese for the meat. I was not crazy over cottage cheese and skim milk, so I did extensive research for other vegan options that HCG Diet friendly. Still, I decided to stick with the standard vegan protocol which involves substituting raw brown rice protein, cooked quinoa and Ezekiel bread for the meat options and Melba toast. Ezekiel bread is flourless bread made from sprouted grains.
The vegan food options:
Protein options: 28 grams of raw brown rice, ½ cup cooked quinoa, 1 serving of Ezekiel bread
Fruit options: Medium-sized orange, apple, half of a grapefruit, a handful of strawberry
Vegetable options: Chicory, spinach, beet-greens, tomatoes, onions, celery, chard, asparagus, cucumber, cabbage, red radishes, green salads
Other options allowed: Stevia for sweetening, lemon juice, dry seasoning, tea, coffee, water
When I looked into the vegan food options I told myself I can do another round following the vegan protocol.
Day 1- Here’s what I eat:
Breakfast: A handful of strawberries, Green tea
Lunch: 1 cup of sliced cucumber seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic chips and Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, ½ cup cooked quinoa
Dinner: I slice of Ezekiel bread, 1 medium-sized ripened tomato sautéed in a hot skillet with minced garlic, water, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and onion powder. Then add the bite-sized pieces of Ezekiel bread on the top. One orange for dessert and lemonade sweetened with Stevia.
Day 2- Woke up tired but decided to attend a zumba class
Breakfast: Gala apple, Yerba mate tea
Lunch: Brown rice protein powder, 7 red radishes, iced herbal tea
Dinner: ½ cup cooked quinoa, grilled asparagus mixed on sautéed and seasoned garlic with cooked quinoa, salt pepper crushed red pepper, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and onion powder. ½ grapefruit for dessert and some lemonade.
Fast forward to day 23
I lost a total of 26 pounds in the healthiest way. I have quit smoking and have stopped drinking coffee. I have meditated every day and have been active at least four times per week.
What I have learned while doing the HCG Diet:
- I have learned how much I do not care about eating meat.
- The HCG Diet will test you physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. You will discover the roots of your issues with body image and foods if you will take it as an opportunity for self-examination.
I am so happy with my achievements. It was a turbulent at first, but I am so grateful for the new energies that come with each effort. I am very proud of the level of discipline I achieved on this diet. When people see me, they’re surprised with how I looked. They usually remarks how glowing and healthy I looked.