Grilled Tuna Salad Ingredients:
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup red-wine vinegar
1 ½ finely chopped fresh basil
1 ½ tsp. minced thyme
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
Rounded ½ tsp anchovy paste
2 ½ tbsp minced shallot
1 large garlic clove (minced and mashed to paste with ½ tsp salt)
1 ½ pound tuna steak
¾ green beans, trimmed
Vegetable oil for brushing
1 pt grape or cherry tomato
1 ½ pound small potato
4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
¾ pound lettuce
2/3 cup small brine-cured olives
¼ cup drained bottled capers
3 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley or basil
- Combine vinegar, garlic paste, shallot, and anchovy paste in a small bowl. Add the olive oil in a slow stream while whisking until emulsified. Add basil, thyme, salt and pepper then whisk.
- Cook green beans in boiling water with salt until crisp and tender, around 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from water then transfer right away into a bowl of ice-cold water. In the same pot, add the potato and simmer uncovered until tender. Drain the potato and cut into halves and toss with 2 tbsp of dressings in a bowl.
- Prepare the grill. Brush the tuna steak with oil then season with salt and pepper. Grill on a lightly oiled rack, turning over once until browned on the outside but pink in the center. When done, let the tuna steak stand for 3 minutes then cut into 3 large pieces. Transfer the tuna into a separate platter then drizzle with dressings and top with capers.
- Transfer the potatoes to the tuna platter. Toss the green beans, lettuce, and tomatoes with dressing and season with salt and pepper then transfer it to the tuna platter.
- Arrange the eggs and olive on the platter then sprinkle the salad with chopped basil or parsley.