4 cups of sliced button mushrooms
3 cups beef broth, fat-free
¼ teaspoon of dried thyme
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of minced white onion
2 tablespoons of half and half, fat-free
½ teaspoon of pepper
Parsley, finely chopped
- Spray a large pot with coconut oil spray and heat over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Add minced onion and garlic into the pot and sauté for at least 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add the beef broth and stir. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for a few minutes.
- Stir in half and half and blend until smooth and creamy with an immersion blender. You may also transfer the soup into a blender if you do not have an immersion blender.
- Serve into bowls and freshly chopped parsley for garnish.