Gaining weight during the maintenance phase? Here are some top mistakes during Phase 3 of the HCG Diet that you might want to look into:
#1 You are eating too manycalories
- Eating too many calories might cause your body tostart gaining weight all of a sudden because of the overabundance of calories.Your body might think to start storing those extra calories for future use. Werecommend that you aim for 1500 calories a day during the maintenance phase. ORbetter consider this guide:
Duringthe FIRSTWEEK on P3: 900 to 1000 calories per day
Duringthe SECONDWEEK on P3: 1100 TO 1200 calories per day
Duringthe THIRDWEEK on P3: 1300 TO 1450 calories per day
#2 Having hidden starches orsugars
- Be cautious with introducing foods into your bodywith hidden sugars like sugar-coated vitamins, eating something with cornstarchor eating meats with sugary broth. When buying foods, read the product labelsand be mindful of sugar and starch content. Avoid food products with dextrose,fructose, maltose and anything that end with “ose”.
#3 Eating too many cautionaryfoods
- Your first week can be excited because finally,you can have your freedom back in terms of eating. However, you are stillrestricted from eating too much during the first week of the HCG Diet. You alsohave to avoid eating sugars, carbs, starchy veggies and sweet fruits.
- AT around the second or the third week, slowly addsome of the restricted foods like sweet fruits and starchy vegetables.
#4 Not tracking your daily foodintake
- Keeping track of your food intake every day is asimportant as getting your daily weight. Tracking your foods can help youidentify what food triggers you to gain weight.
#5 Insufficient intake of protein
- Protein-rich foods are an essential part of Phase3. Insufficient amount of proteins in your diet will make it hard for you tokeep your weight off compared with dieters who keep proteins in their mealregularly.
#6 Not taking your weight everyday
- Keep track of your weight every day just as youkeep track of your food intake. This will help you determine if you need to dothe steak day because you go beyond the 2-pound rule or not.
#7 Adding too many foods at atime
- Give your body some time to adjust to the new foods. Do not add too many foods at a time. If you are not sure what and how much foods to eat check this out The First Week of HCG Diet Phase 3.