Like in any diet, there’s a right and wrong way to lose weight and a lot of restrictions too. But if you familiarize yourself and adhere to the Phase 2 hcg diet protocol, it can make your hcg diet a lot easier. And if you will not follow some simple guidelines, you could end up wasting your time, effort and your money. Below are list of additional Phase 2 instructions from Dr. Simeons original protocol for you to keep in mind.
- Weight your 100 grams of protein choices raw after cutting all visible fats off. Use a good quality scale to accurately measure every gram and ounce.
- Skip your HCG injections during menstruation but continue with your hcg diet. Sometimes, HCG hormone can cause some issues with menstrual flow. It can either cause it to last longer than normal or entirely prevent the flow.
- Drink 2 liters of water a day. Other liquids allowed are tea and coffee. They may be taken in any quantity at all times according to the original protocol.
- Remember the list of approved HCG foods. If it’s not listed, you can’t have it.
- Note that you are allowed to have chicken breast- not chicken thigh, chicken wings and chicken drumstick.
- Don’t use makeup or any skincare products that are oil base. This includes moisturizing lipstick, lotion, foundation and eyeshadow.
- Avoid contact with oil on your skin. According to Dr. Simeons, fats and oil on the skin can cause problems during the hcg diet.
- You are not allowed to combine multiple servings into one meal.
- Do not subsist on your 500 calorie diet without having your HCG injections for many days. This can make you uncomfortable, unhealthy and unsuccessful in the long run.
- Do not replace two small fruits like apple for one large apple.
- Don’t forget to record your weight in your hcg diet journal.
- Do not mix vegetables at your meal or you’ll end up eating more calories because it’s a lot tastier.
Some helpful tips to consider during VLCD
- Fruit or carb choices can be eaten in between meals. But do not eat more than four items listed for dinner and lunch at one meal.
- Oils, dressings and butter are not permitted.
- Boiled, poached or raw eggs are occasionally allowed to those who developed meat aversion. But use 1 whole egg with 3 white eggs as your protein replacement.
- 100 grams of cottage cheese made from skimmed milk may be used occasionally instead of meat choices.
- Birth control pills and Aspirin are allowed.
- Use sugar-free items like Stevia and Splenda sparingly.
- When your weight loss stalls, have an “Apple Day”. Click here for more information.