Jumping into the next phase can be scary if you do not have any idea of what to eat especially if it is your first round. The rule for this phase is that you are not allowed to eat any starches and sugar but by the end of the second and the third week you may start introducing sugars and starches slowly. How about for snack options?
When picking up your snacks you may want to look at your snack nutritional value so you may know what snack is safe for you to eat and what snack isn’t safe.
Snack Requirements for Phase 3 of the HCG Diet:
- Protein: 4 or more grams
- Sugar: 10 or less grams
- Carbs: 20 or less grams
Protein during Phase 3 of the HCG Diet is vital. Protein-rich foods can keep your weight low and your waist thin. Having protein-rich snacks in between your regular meals are highly recommended.
Below are lists of HCG Diet phase 3 snack options:
- Deviled eggs
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Apple and peanut butter
- Trail mix (avoid dried fruits and chocolates)
- Grilled chicken strips
- Canned tuna
- Fruits but stay away from bananas, melons and grapes
- String cheese but you need to introduce it slowly
- Almonds (introduce slowly)
- Cottage cheese with cinnamon and stevia
- Beef jerky without sugar (stay away from teriyaki and BBQ sauce)
- Protein bars
- Choose one with lots of fibers and proteins and has relatively low carbs and sugar counts.
- Pork rinds
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- Raw vegetables dipped in Ranch
- Sugar-free Jelo with fruits
- Lean deli meat that is low in sodium
- Celery with peanut butter
- Pudding that is fat and sugar-free
- Vegetable and cheese omelet
- Miracle noodle
- Fruit salad sweetened with stevia
- Oatmeal and other low carb fiber cereals
You may introduce the snacks above one per day to see how they affect you. If they cause weight gain, then do the steak day.