Jumpinginto the next phase can be scary if you do not have any idea of what to eatespecially if it is your first round. The rule for this phase is that you arenot allowed to eat any starches and sugar but by the end of the second and thethird week you may start introducing sugars and starches slowly. How about for snack options?
Whenpicking up your snacks you may want to look at your snack nutritional value soyou may know what snack is safe for you to eat and what snack isn’t safe.
Snack Requirements for Phase 3 of the HCG Diet:
- Protein: 4 or more grams
- Sugar: 10 or less grams
- Carbs: 20 or less grams
Protein during Phase 3 of the HCG Diet is vital. Protein-rich foods can keep your weight low and your waist thin. Having protein-rich snacks in between your regular meals are highly recommended.
Below are lists of HCG Diet phase 3 snack options:
- Deviled eggs
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Apple and peanut butter
- Trail mix (avoid driedfruits and chocolates)
- Grilled chicken strips
- Canned tuna
- Fruits but stay away frombananas, melons and grapes
- String cheese but you needto introduce it slowly
- Almonds (introduce slowly)
- Cottage cheese withcinnamon and stevia
- Beef jerky without sugar(stay away from teriyaki and BBQ sauce)
- Protein bars
- Choose one with lots of fibers and proteins and has relativelylow carbs and sugar counts.
- Pork rinds
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- Raw vegetables dipped inRanch
- Sugar-free Jelo withfruits
- Lean deli meat that is lowin sodium
- Celery with peanut butter
- Pudding that is fat andsugar-free
- Vegetable and cheese omelet
- Miracle noodle
- Fruit salad sweetened withstevia
- Oatmeal and other low carbfiber cereals
You mayintroduce the snacks above one per day to see how they affect you. If theycause weight gain, then do the steak day.