Detoxing your body from toxins while on the HCG Diet is essential if you want to further improve your weight loss result. When you detox, it is vital to first clean the colon for smooth digestion and absorption of nutrients before you do any liver or kidney cleansing. Below are ways to detox your body while on the HCG Diet:
- Try to avoid canned goods as they may harm your digestive system. Whether it’s a can of corn or asparagus or maybe chicken, they may contain zinc oxide. Zinc oxide may help prevent staining of sulfur-producing foods but it can negatively affect the digestive tract. So, you better think twice before consuming them.
- Choose organic meat, poultry, and dairy products. Organic meats are animals fed of grass and are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. Organic meats are GMO-free, richer in certain nutrients, and often fresher. Eating organic meat reduces your risk from exposure to an obesity-causing chemical.
- Choose organic veggies and fruits. Organic veggies and fruits are those produced without the use of conventional pesticides or fertilizers made with synthetic materials.
- Before the HCG diet, replace your usual bottled water with filtered water. Filters like the reverse osmosis remove all bad and good content of the water after the process. This type of water has been shown to be beneficial on the mucosal lining of the intestine as well as keeping the balance of good bacteria in the gut.
- Detox your colon by eating probiotic foods. These foods contain good bacteria to help restore your healthy intestinal flora. Some of the super healthy probiotic foods include the famous yogurt, sauerkraut, miso, kefir, kimchi, pickles, traditional buttermilk, and tempeh.
- Drink plenty of water. The required number of glasses is 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. Water is essential for good health and one of the easiest ways to maintain a healthy system. You may also drink a glass of water with lemon throughout the weight loss phase to flush out those toxins. Water with lemon is highly alkalizing. It helps cleanse and flush the liver.
- One way to detox your colon is to eat green leafy veggies like spinach, kale, asparagus, and leeks. These HCG diet-friendly veggies are excellent in cleaning your intestinal tract. Fiber-rich foods like brussels sprout, quinoa, oatmeal, and fruits like raspberries, figs, and mango are excellent for keeping your bowel healthy and cleansing the colon.
- Take a sauna periodically to sweat toxins out through your skin. Limit your time to a sauna to approximately 20 minutes or less. Make sure also to drink plenty of water to keep the balance of electrolyte in your body.
- Have a lovely hot bath with Epsom salt. Epsom salt bath is a warm bath that stimulates and improves your body’s detoxification process. It is healthy, stress-relieving, and cleansing. You can add therapeutic oils like lavender or rose to your bath to make it more relaxing.
- Exercise to help you sweat regularly. Exercise can kick start the natural detox process. When you sweat your body does appear to sweat out toxins.
HCG Diet detox recipes
- Cucumber Lemon Detox Water
This recipe is very easy to do. Just add sliced cucumber and lemon to your water and some mint. Then let it set to maximize the nutrient into the water. Cucumber can reduce swelling and aid in the digestion of foods and flushing out of toxins in the body. Lemon is a good source of vitamins and is essential during the HCG Diet.
- Detoxing Water Infused with Fruits
This is a refreshing combination of sweet fruits soaks in sparkling water. Adding fresh fruits to water adds vitamins and minerals and increases its nutritional benefits. It also makes it sweet, refreshing, and delicious. You can use berries, cantaloupes, peaches, pineapple, or oranges in ice-cold or sparkling water. Chill and infuse for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Lemon-Apple Cider Vinegar Juice
Get rid of the unhealthy bacteria in your gut with this zesty lemon-apple cider vinegar juice. All you need to have to make this drink is lemon, apple cider vinegar, and stevia. You can also make other variations like switching the lemon with a splash of pomegranate, grated fresh ginger, squeeze of orange juice or sparkling water.
This is a perfect addition to your detox diet to help cleanse your body and boost your immune system. All you need is a large green apple, fresh kale, cucumber, spinach, and lemon juice. Then blend them.
All you need to make this refreshing cleanse lemonade are sparkling water, maple syrup, lemons, cayenne pepper, unrefined sea salt, and natural herbal tea. Take this lemonade drink while on the weight loss phase of the HCG. This drink comes with a wide range of benefits. It detoxes your body, improves digestions, suppresses appetite, and enhances your metabolism.
Apple day diet detox
An apple day is actually a century-old detox plan used in many cultures to remove toxins out from the body. This detox is not only great for phase 1 but as well as during the maintenance phase. Apples are naturally detoxifying. It’s packed with essential nutrients needed by your body to help release toxins. The same as during an apple day, you eat 8-10 apples and drink plenty of water. You may also drink lemon juice for more detoxification support.